The Diversity Consortium of Tompkins County, Inc. (DCTC) is a joint effort of local employers and leaders dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in Tompkins County.
The mission of the Corporation is to serve as a catalyst to promote the benefits of diversity and inclusion through educating, enhancing awareness of, providing a supportive network for, and sharing best practices with all affiliates of the Corporation.
The Diversity Consortium of Tompkins County, Inc. (DCTC) is a joint effort of local employers and leaders dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in Tompkins County. Our goals are
- To significantly increase diversity in the local workforce
- To establish and maintain a learning network
- To collaborate on diversity training and similar initiatives
Since its founding in 1999, the DCTC has endeavored to cultivate a continuous learning environment, promote a positive community image, and serve as a source and liaison for diversity and inclusiveness resources. DCTC offers educational opportunities to affiliate members as well as to the community at large on a regular basis.
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President – Suki Tabor, Ithaca Youth Bureau
Vice President – Mary Carol Lindbloom, South Central Regional Library Council
Treasurer – Michael Hoysic, Greenstar Cooperative Natural Foods Market
Secretary – Jan Schwartzberg, Taitem Engineering
Annette Birdsall, Tompkins County Public Library
Gina Lord, Unity House
Ed Malone, BorgWarner
Schelley Michell-Nunn, City of Ithaca
Susan Spafford, Cayuga Chamber Orchestra
All committees, except for the Executive Committee, can include members who are not Board members.
If you are interested in joining one of our committees please contact a member of our Executive Committee.
Purpose – The Executive Committee shall have all the authority of the Board except the following:
- the filling of vacancies on the Board or on any committee;
- the amendment or repeal of the bylaws or the adoption of new bylaws;
- the amendment or repeal of any resolution of the Board which by its terms shall not be subject to amendment or appeal.
Purpose – oversee Consortium finances; create annual budget including an amount for scholarships, if any; determine if an audit of the previous fiscal year, or if any fundraising, is needed
Purpose – bring professional development opportunities to monthly Board meetings; coordinate community education and training similar to Consortium workshops previously offered
Purpose – develop Consortium brochure; develop marketing materials for Consortium events and programs; prepare press releases; promote Consortium at other significant events with brochure, tabling, etc.; update and maintain the Consortium’s website
AFFILIATE OUTREACH COMMITTEE
Purpose – develop recruitment strategy for Consortium affiliates, updating logistics, etc.; bring nominations for new Directors and Officers to the full Board; only Board members may vote for Directors and Officers
ROUNDTABLE EVENT COMMITTEE
Purpose – plan and implement the next community Roundtable and a budget for same; develop Employer Diversity Award to be presented at Roundtable
By-Laws (Link to By-Laws)
Purpose – update By-laws, to be approved by the Consortium.
- DCTC meetings are a forum for promoting the benefits of diversity and inclusion through enhancing awareness, supporting networking and sharing best practices. Opportunities and the sustainability of the organization are also discussed.
- If you are interested in attending a meeting, please contact us at email@example.com with your name, organization name, and reason why you are interested.
- Monthly meetings take place from 10 am – 11:30 am on the third Friday of each month in downtown Ithaca