The Diversity Consortium of Tompkins County, Inc. (DCTC) is a joint effort of local employers and leaders dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in Tompkins County.
The mission of the Corporation is to serve as a catalyst to promote the benefits of diversity and inclusion through educating, enhancing awareness of, providing a supportive network for, and sharing best practices with all affiliates of the Corporation.
The Diversity Consortium of Tompkins County, Inc. (DCTC) is a joint effort of local employers and leaders dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in Tompkins County. Our goals are
- To significantly increase diversity in the local workforce
- To establish and maintain a learning network
- To collaborate on diversity training and similar initiatives
Since its founding in 1999, the DCTC has endeavored to cultivate a continuous learning environment, promote a positive community image, and serve as a source and liaison for diversity and inclusiveness resources. DCTC offers educational opportunities to affiliate members as well as to the community at large on a regular basis.
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President – Suki Tabor, Ithaca Youth Bureau
Vice President – Mary Carol Lindbloom, South Central Regional Library Council
Treasurer – Michael Hoysic, Greenstar Cooperative Natural Foods Market
Secretary – Jan Schwartzberg, Taitem Engineering
Annette Birdsall, Tompkins County Public Library
Elizabeth Gabriel, Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming
Gina Lord, Unity House
Ed Malone, BorgWarner
Schelley Michell-Nunn; City of Ithaca
All committees, except for the Executive Committee, can include members who are not Board members.
If you are interested in joining one of our committees please contact a member of our Executive Committee.
Purpose – The Executive Committee shall have all the authority of the Board except the following:
- the filling of vacancies on the Board or on any committee;
- the amendment or repeal of the bylaws or the adoption of new bylaws;
- the amendment or repeal of any resolution of the Board which by its terms shall not be subject to amendment or appeal.
Purpose – oversee Consortium finances; create annual budget including an amount for scholarships, if any; determine if an audit of the previous fiscal year, or if any fundraising, is needed
Purpose – bring professional development opportunities to monthly Board meetings; coordinate community education and training similar to Consortium workshops previously offered
Purpose – develop Consortium brochure; develop marketing materials for Consortium events and programs; prepare press releases; promote Consortium at other significant events with brochure, tabling, etc.; update and maintain the Consortium’s website
AFFILIATE OUTREACH COMMITTEE
Purpose – develop recruitment strategy for Consortium affiliates, updating logistics, etc.; bring nominations for new Directors and Officers to the full Board; only Board members may vote for Directors and Officers
ROUNDTABLE EVENT COMMITTEE
Purpose – plan and implement the next community Roundtable and a budget for same; develop Employer Diversity Award to be presented at Roundtable
By-Laws (“DCTC Bylaws”)
Purpose – update By-laws, to be approved by the Consortium.
- DCTC meetings are a forum for promoting the benefits of diversity and inclusion through enhancing awareness, supporting networking and sharing best practices. Opportunities and the sustainability of the organization are also discussed.
- If you are interested in attending a meeting, please contact us at email@example.com with your name, organization name, and reason why you are interested.
- Monthly meetings take place from 10 am – 11:30 am on the third Friday of each month in downtown Ithaca